<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8699849860557724550?origin\x3dhttp://themelodyofmyown.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, November 15, 2013

Few days ago, i saw my lecturer sharing a post on facebook, "Why I regret getting straight A1 in SPM?" 
read the content, kinda agree though.
Here's a summary of what it says(words in italic are my own opinion):

1) I lost my friends and family
the author was kinda obsessed with studying and neglected the people around him
Well, not that much for me, but communication in my family was really little back then

2) Lack of sleep 
True, very true. 100% agree with this.
I get really sleepy in school and slept in classes. hahaha :P
though i'm kinda used to it, even till now i still sleep late
good thing is i can wake up a little bit later than before 

3)When A+ becomes just the average
Yea, kinda makes me wonder what was i chasing for? 

4)Mediocre talents
High school is supposed to be a place where you can try out new things in your life, discover what you are loving or passionate in, and nurture these discovered traits. It is a protected area where you are allowed to explore, make mistakes and learn from mistakes
I did get to utilise my chances, though i feel that it is not enough. I do not excel in a particular field like my classmates do, as i just studied for the sake of scoring in the exams.

5) You forgot what you have learnt. 
To be honest, i don't really remember a single shit i learn for SPM, 
except for the stuff in Add Maths, Accounts and Economics, since these are my main focuses now. To sum it all up, i wasted all my time in classes. Maybe that's why there are a lot of critics about the Malaysia's education system.

6)All and all, nobody really cares
Seriously? Who will look at your results after you got them?
Well, maybe JPA or Bank Negara will take a glance at them, but after that, no more. 

WELL 
I have to admit i was kinda lifeless in form 5
everything that goes on in my head was to get that straight A's 
numerous tuitions, revisions and exercises. 
What's that for anyway? 
All i get with my result, was just a scholarship. 
although it does save my dad's wallet, it doesn't really mean much in my life. 

But i'm glad that i'm not that much of a nerd, although a lot of people in college thinks i am
At least i had a great experience in Prefect's Board
At least i joined xue ji. 
Xue ji means alot to me, it changed me, a better me. 
If i hadn't join, i guess i'm really a total nerd by now
Oh no, a geek maybe? 

Now, 
i realise, it is important to study hard,
but don't neglect the good things around you.
you might regret it when you miss them. 

Like now, 
I'm enjoying my college life. 
I do go out with them occasionally when we decide to become lazy. 
College buddies are those who has the same dream as you, and the best part is
we're going to achieve our dreams together :) 

I like them alot
cynthia and lee hui
left out deepti though :) 

this is ji xian, kai wenn, jie yen and wye zjian. 

Proud to say i'm not a nerd anymore! 
and hopefully i'm going to UK! 
My ucas application was sent and now i'm waiting to get conditional offers from my unis 

So,
Don't just study your lives out of you 
remember to notice all the nice things around you too :) 
toodles! 

a smile a day keeps the doctor away :)





Profile

Photobucket
I'm Wei Xin :)
[Wabbit♥] I love to sing
学记, B25073 ♥
第25届雪隆区学生记者培训营 第3组[超仁者]
蕉赖区 秘书
宝贝营 秘书[呆呆熊]
主题营-动漫营 营长[考密斯]
户外探险营 第一组 [老鹰]
第26届雪隆区学生记者培训营 秘书
第20届联谊会 蕉赖区协调员
I love everyoneee =D

Tagboard






Melody

Photobucket